All things related to photography posted by James and Molly Rose. We capture our own photography for the fun of it and to help us with our lighting and cinematography techniques. Gaining skills as photographers is a very inexpensive and fun way to improve technique for AV projects without the need of a large crew or budget. A vast amount of the content relating to photography represented here are releases of our photographic content.
On the 22nd of January, 2017 we setup and captured images of the original poster and the existing content art of our Night of the Snow Monster film. Our intention for this shoot was to capture high-quality digital representations of the paintings to allow us to be able to utilize the images on the internet in a variety of ways for development of the promotional aspects of the project as well as the visual aspects of the project itself. All told we were planning to capture 4 images:
On the 25th of January, we undertook a photography session to test some ideas for lighting and makeup for our upcoming film Night of the Snow Monster. With this shot we were testing out a wide variety of elements that we believe will be important to get a grip on before we enter into principal photography for the film, namely:
Is the combination of makeup we are assuming we would like to use give our character the look we want her to have?
Will the makeup hold up under the lights?
How will our cameras and lenses handle the lighting look and feel we are going to be going for in the film?
Lighting setups that achieve some of the elements of the overall mise en scène we are looking for in the film.
These images were primarily used as header images for the newly-released Cook Book program here at Steed Productions! If you want to learn more about capturing these images, check out the behind the scenes article about the photography sessions!
One of the programs we started with the coming of 2017 was our Cook Book program. In the month of January, for the Cook Book program, we undertook 3 photography sessions intending to capture 6 images. One of the images, the image of the pot-hanger I made out of discarded canes, was slated to be the main image of the recipe page itself. The other 5 images were to be the featured image related directly to specific recipe posts. Only 4 of the images were really usable as recipe featured images, and I’ll go into why later in this post. Continue reading Capturing Cook Book Photos January 2017